Sunday, March 18, 2012

Patience

Well first things first.

How is it that I am writing a blog. If you know anything about me, it is unlikely that I would ever write a blog. I am not very interesting, but I am mainly writing this blog with the purpose of me to write down some things that I am learning. I don't really expect anyone to read this, but none the less I will be writing.

Today is my first post...... Hmmmm. Where to start. I have alot on my mind. I will start with my failures today. It is really not about my failures, but about the Healer, the Justifier, the King of all Kings.

Well it has been 3 weeks since Averi Kate was born into our life. She is a blessing from the Lord. She is a pretty good baby and for that I am thankful. However, our amazing little girl Claire is having a hard time adjusting. She loves Averi Kate and is very affectionate, but she is throwing more tantrums, peeing on the floor ( she was potty trained), and not wanting to go to sleep lately. To say the least, my struggles come most with Claire. Let me first clarify that I don't struggle with Claire, it is actually a struggle with my sinful nature. I find a do what I don't want to do and don't do what I want to do. When I don't get what I want  (Claire to pee in potty instead of the floor) I fall apart. I have been thinking the past several weeks that one quality ( Fruit of the Spirit) would be vital at this point in my life. Patience.

Today when she peed on the floor I got mad and raised my voice because I was mad. I told her if she did it again she would get a spanking. Now at this time I don't think disciplining her was wrong, but my heart was wrong and that is where the problem was. I was angry because I was tired and the baby was crying and Claire was peeing on the floor when I knew good and well she could have held it in order to go the potty.

"In your anger do not sin"

My anger was not righteous but selfish. There is much more to the story, but the truth of it all is that I am a sinful dad who trust in a loving father who not only forgave my sins upon confession, but restores unto me the righteousness that come from the blood of Christ. ( I John). The fact of that Christ died on the cross not only forgave our sins, but placed his righteoussness on us a his children.

Thank you Christ that I can look to the Perfect father as I attempt to raise the two girls. I am in need of much patience provided by your Holy spirit.

I know.... pretty lame first post. I can now say I am a blogger.

No comments:

Post a Comment